We are a group of over 40 small, locally-owned apartments, hotels, guest houses and villas operating all around Barbados.
See the list of services which the IHB provides to its members below:
Provision of advisory services and also an element of administration and coordination services
Marketing of hotels via website or attendance at tradeshows, consumer shows, print and advertising media.
Provision of yearly training programmes and sensitisation or awareness workshops, e.g. Training on the Employment Rights Agreement or Sexual Harassment Bill.
Placement in any IHB brochures.
Placement in the IHB app and placement of member specials on the IHB website, Facebook page and IG account.
Facilitate familiarisation trips and site inspections.
Assist in the reduction and management of costs for all hotels in the group through bulk purchasing and negotiation.
Assist with reservations from Tour Operators and Travel Agents.
Sponsorship of local and regional events thereby increasing recognition of the brand.
Provision of marketing and promotional support of all members.
Liaise with the BTMI to collaborate on marketing and assist members in attending regional and international trade shows.
Lobbying or advancing members’ concerns, e.g. sewage issues.
The criteria for membership are as follows:
- Properties must be registered with the Barbados Tourism Product Authority
- Have a maximum number of 79 hotel rooms
- Capital cost per room being less than $200,000.00; (The capital cost per room is derived by using the following formula: Current year’s Land Tax property valuation divided by the number of rooms in hotel);
- A published winter room average rate not exceeding US$250.00, double occupancy, per night; and
- At least 75% of the beneficial interest in the hotel must be owned by a national
Ready to get started? Complete the application form below.